Monday, January 24, 2011

Bosom Friends

Anne tipped the vase of apple blossoms near enough to bestow a soft kiss on a pink-cupped bud, and then studied diligently for some moments longer. 
"Marilla," she demanded presently, "do you think that I shall ever have a bosom friend in Avonlea?'
"A--what kind of friend?"
"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will too. Do you think it's possible?'
"Diana Barry lives at Orchard Slope and she's about your age."
-- Anne of Green Gables VIII

At first, it was intimidation. But then. Our fears turned into friendship. And then the friendship grew.. and grew.. and grew.. like the Grinch's heart. Cheesy you say? yes. It is cheesy. But that is our life, one big bowl of cheesy. 
 
 Our First Week Togeder:

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment